HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Climbing stands
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Mojotex
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Climbing stands

I have used many a brand starting with the original baker back in the 1970's. Man what a "trap" compared to today's products. My favorite is the older version of the Ol' Man Vision. I found the new models not as quiet because of the design of the reversing front bar. It rattled. Ol' Man folded for a while, then went to China. then seemed to disappear. now it is back, though I am not certain if the original design/manufacturing group has anything to do with it. And I have not seen any of their new products. Having said that, I used my cousin's Summit last 2 winters while hunting with him in Ark. His is a 2007 vintage. I forget the model. It is aluminum and the weight is definitely tolerable. I found it very easy to set on the tree. It was easy to climb. Quiet and rock sturdy. It is not the least cost option, but I echo another's comments, don't scrimp here! And I always add ... be sure to buy and use a quality safety harness. These will run about $100 +/-, but are worth every penny in the event you need it !