HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What are the 5 biggest hunting myths?
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 12:17 PM
DeerandbearhoG
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What are the 5 biggest hunting myths?

ORIGINAL: Bernie P.

ORIGINAL: DeerandbearhoG

Wow 4 pages and no one mentioned the biggest hunting myth of all " BOWHUNTING IS HARDER THAN GUN HUNTING"

Others:
Deer are smart. (deer have very low intelligence and behave strictly on instinct)
The younger the deer the better it tastes (I find fawns to be the blandest of all the age groups)
Bear meat doesnt taste good (better than venison IMO)
Bears are harder to kill than deer (a avg. black bears shoulders and ribs are about the same size as an avg WTs)
Bowhunting is harder!It requires much more practice to shoot a bow well and your range is far more limited.
WRONG! Your assuming the weapon used is the only factor in what makes a hunt difficult. I dont know about your state but here in NY you will see 10Xs as many deer during bow season than in gun season. The weapon and range matter little if you dont have anything to shoot at, and most of my gun kills have been with in bow range anyway. That and the fact that you have about 50Xs as many hunters in the woods during gun season as oppose to bow season, kind of adds to the difficulty aswell doesnt it?. Not to mention, you have many more option of where you can hunt w/ a bow than a gun ,and more opportunities to practice shooting a bow than a gun, Id call that an advantage wouldnt you? Personally my most frustrating and challenging phases of deer season is gun season, not archery season!

Like I said bowhunting being harder than gun hunting is a myth IMO.