HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - "Pot and Peg" Call
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 09:07 AM
IL-Cornfed
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "Pot and Peg" Call

Very serious question to those of you that always seem so quick to respond to threads like these...... ARE YOU SERIOUS about suggesting those calls over ALL OTHERS available ?!? [:-]When someone asks if you could truly only use ONE call than you would seriously choose a $15 plastic call. I have to seriously wonder how many of you have EVER tried much of a selection of calls outside of what your local Wal-Mart carries ?!?

Pot and peg style calls are amazing when the best of the best are admired and used. Have any of you ever used or even heard of a Wood Haven, Bud & Betty, American Friction, Cody, Dads, etc, etc. ???

Out of hundreds of calls I've personally tested and used, IF I had to shoose only ONE pot style call,.... it would be the Wood Haven Cherry Classic Crystal. Without a doubt, the most authentic sounding turkey call I've ever heard. This call has actually become a standard for top end custom calls over the last few seasons since its debut. Some of you folks owe it to yourselves to get your hands on one and see what all the talk in the industry is actually about ?

I can assure you, most of you would be amazed to hear what a top end custom call sounds like when compared to the cheap mass produced plastic piece of junk that are offered on you local store shelves! Good luck and good huntin' and please try to be a little more open minded?