HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Asking for thoughts and prayers for my dad
Old 05-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Scott/IL
Nontypical Buck

Default Asking for thoughts and prayers for my dad

Early yesterday morning my dad suffered from a stroke. The first CT scan revealed bleeding in the brain leaving him paralyzed on the right sideof his body. As of last night he was in pretty poor shape and the outcome was very unclear. They were able to get the pressure on the brain down and around midnight he woke up on his own for the first time.

He was able to recognize us and grabbed for my mom with his right hand, which was an amazing sign. He is a very big coonhunter and I told him he was getting better and would be back to chasing his hounds in no time. His response to me was a burst of tears and grabbed for me. The progress today has been very slow but nothing but positive news today. He knows me and myfamily by our names and a few close friends.All the doctors cannot believe how much progress he has made in such a little amount of time. His speech, vision, and coordination is slowly coming back.

He needs all the prayers he can get right now as he has a very long journey on the road to recovery and if I know my old man he will be fighting every bit of the way with everything he has got.

A HUGE thanks from me and my entire family.

Scott Niemeyer