HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - To my fellow Texas Archery Hunters
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 11:00 AM
GR8atta2d
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: To my fellow Texas Archery Hunters

ORIGINAL: stealthycat II

3-5 years ago this would have been a 15 page thread ........ now? it barely gets 3 pages

tides are changing compounders = the evil nemesis of the P&Y club will be totally accepted everywhere in another 5 years
1 year ago the thread would have got 1200 hits..The tides changed but your looking at the wrong Sea.

Most open minded hunters are not against them Stealthy no matter how much you prod. My first Archery Expirience was with a Crossbow. My Dad 73 (years old) will take up crossbow this year in PA and primarily hunt with it instead of his Compound, my 70 year old Uncle who's had the disability permit for 4 years due to a Heart Ailment will also tote his Crossbow again in PA.

As I said, as a compound shooter in Ohio, we are the minority the masses have been using Crossbows for decades, I'd put the numbers based on my experience at 6:1 Cross vs Compound. If I can get my Teenage son into the woods with me this year it will be with a Cross-Bow. He just never took to the compound. I'll welcome him and any other ethical hunter to share the woods with me, regardless of weopon of choice.