HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - **RETURNING CHAMPS** Team Just Chasin' Tail
Old 05-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Buck Magnet

Default RE: **RETURNING CHAMPS** Team 3 thread

I missed yesterday morning. I set-up on a fence row between two fields where I have seen turkeys in the past. I had no idea if their were any gobblers in the area but figured that it was worth a shot. I had a group of turkeys come in a little after day break and missed a really nice strutter at around 30 yards. I have no idea how I did it, but I just blew the shot. I went out lastnight to try to see if they were still in the area and put one to roost. I never heard a gobble but I thought that I had heard some birds fly up about 50 yards behind my house. I got set-up back there this morning and the 3 gobblers were goin crazy from around 5:45 a.m. till around 6:45 a.m. I did one series of soft yelps when I had figured that they flew down and shut up. I figured that they would fly down into a little field and walk down the dirt road to the big field where I had my blind set-up. They must have circled around and went through my backyard and up into a large thicket.

I will probablly be back out tomorrow morning for a little while, hopefully it comes together for me.