HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Free NRA Membership
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 10:09 AM
earnabuck
Fork Horn

Default RE: Free NRA Membership

Maybe its on the table, but its never ever going to pass. If you want an assault weapon because it's fun to shoot, then there is a nut out there that can get an assault weapon too. He'll think its fun to shoot (people). Which is going to cause a bigger problem 300 rounds per minute or 20. I don't deny that guns in peoples hands can deter crime, that isn't the point of this post. The point is that you are afraid all firearms will be taken away. There is no reason to have an assault weapon."Fun to shoot"isn't going to make me feel ok about it. Imagine the crimes that have been committed at Columbine, Virginia Tech, Malls. Imagine if those people had an M16 with 500 rounds. Instead of 10 -15 deaths there would be 50or 60. I know your response of course will be, if people could have had guns on them then they could have shot that sob. Well, maybe, but of course they would have had tobe extremely proficient in using the firearm in order not to harm others. I believe it would potentially be a more dangerous situation.