HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ram 1500
Thread: ram 1500
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 04:49 PM
OHbowhntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ram 1500

ORIGINAL: 1928you

i want to buy a ram 1500. i will be off roading and hauling trailers with it. the off roading will be in mud most of the time and the trailers will waigh alot. alot being like hauling my freinds ram 1500 to the beach. can it haul that or do i need a 3500. i wont buy a 2500 and if the 1500 is capable of doing that than i will buy it.
First, what years are you looking at??? If you're looking new, I'd buy a Chevy, if you're looking used, I'd buy a Dodge 2500 with a Diesel, MANUAL TRANSMISSION ONLY!!! Dodge auto trannies are JUNK to say the least, and Ford ain't a whole lot better, and their manuals are weaker than a Dodge Manual. From a guy that's owned all three, I'll tell you that the Dodge 2500 with a manual tranny that I have is the best of the trucks I've owned, but if I were buying a gasoline engine truck, it would without a doubt bea Chevy. If you want a truck that's good for off-roading, and your less concerned about trailer pulling, FORD is hands down the best that I owned, and the limited slip in a Ford is better than either of the other two. Notice I didn't mention an rice-burners, because I've never, nor will I ever own a foreign made car, and if more Americans bought AMERICAN, you wouldn't be watching the 2 of the BIG 3 looking at financial disasters, though I do place part of the blame on the executives as well, the "BUY AMERICAN" theme is part of what has DESTROYED the AMERICAN economy. Sorry for the political bullet, but I feel THAT STRONGLY about it, and if more people did, this country would have been better off.