HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Would you hunt with a crossbow if legalized???
Old 05-01-2009, 11:02 AM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you hunt with a crossbow if legalized???

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

I want to hunt with a crossbow from theroad while sittingin my truck drinking a beer and waiting for the hounds to run a deer past me.Gonna have a big bait pile there just in case the dogs dont chase a deer my way.
The funny thing to me is all the guys I know that drink beer while hunting are the ones that hunt in a tree stand and can't stand dog hunting. They happen to also hunt over bait. However, they like to tell you any chance they get how bad dog hunting is.

I'm also friends with a lot of guys that hunt with dogs and for the most part most of them follow a lot more laws than the guys I know that hunt in stands.

One thing I think is funny is one of the guys I know that hunts over bait and likes to drink all the time hunts with a crossbow too. I know that's not the normal though as I know other guys who have crossbows though whom are legit hunters.

A crossbow is legal to use here and honestly if I had one I might hunt with it some. I don't know that I would a ton but I probably would some. I just don't care so much for bow hunting. I've never really gotten into it. Maybe if I did it more I would. Who knows. I would like to have a crossbow but their are other things above it on my list of things I want. I've got 2 compound bows and have been bow hunting maybe once or twice in my life. I like shooting them at targets but I just don't care to hunt with them.