HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Limbdriver or Whammy for my situation?
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 06:25 PM
ILLUSION HUNTER
Spike

Default Limbdriver or Whammy for my situation?

I currently shoot the muzzy zero effect drop away rest. (great rest imo) but I have noticed that my fletchings are rubbing. I shoot blazers. I've come to the conclusion that there is no way to fix this unless I move my knock point higher than I care to move it. I shoot the Browning Illusion at a 27" draw so I have very minimalslide travel. I'm leaning twards getting the Whammy rest since it has a complete split and I could always turn my off color vane downward and asure in my mind that my vanes would not rub. I also looked at the bowning archery web sight and they have a rest called the phantom drop away which looks pretty cool, but I questioned them about my problem and they told me it should work, but it depends on the setup. I didn't like that answer since the best pro shop I have is Gander Mountain and they don't seem to be reel experts at setups imo. ( they put my muzzy rest on) Any suggestions would be geatly appreciated and I am open to other rests as well. I here alot of good things about the limb driver as well but I like the way the wammy rest is more of an open design and it looks more durable. But I've never seen neither of these in person.