HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My new tree/ground camera mount
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Pope94/IA
Nontypical Buck

Default My new tree/ground camera mount

I was at the cabin a few weekends ago just thinking of something to make that is involved with hunting. The only thing I could think of is a better camera mount then what I have already. I came up with the idea of having one that straps to the tree and when you want to ground hunt you can take it from the tree to the ground.

I am welding with a stick welder so my welds suck and their is a bunch of slag on there. The steel was a little rusty so I had my dad sand blast it which took the slag off along with the rust, then I re-welded it and there was less slag but I had some finger prints on their which caused it to start rusting again. He's going to sandblast it again then im painting ita green and brown mix.

This is the complete project.

Im not an expert welder yet as you can see.
The holes on the main bar is so you can lower it and higher it.

To move it from the ground stand to the tree all you have to do is remove the bolt that is connected to the tree gripper.

And then you just pull the tree section off...

Then attach it to the tree.

And there you have it.

Right now on the arms I just have steel washers. The plastic ones that I had were a little big and it made the arms bend where ever the washer was, so to fix that problem im gonna go buy some thinner plastic washers to put in there.

I can't wait to get out this weekend turkey hunting to try it out. Hopefully the weather is nice so my dad can sand blast it and I can get it painted before the weekend comes.