HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 5: Team Overload Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 12:26 PM
bowmanaj
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Thanks guys. Irhunter, your season is creeping closer.

Rewind to saturday morning, the morning I got busted at 7 yards..Another group of birds (not the ones that busted me) strutted and gobbled on that same wide opengrassy hill for a half hour, only this time I could not make a move. They were desperatelylooking for the hen, but I didn'thave a decoy out, and they were out of range, about 60-65 yards.After that hunt I made a plan for next time to slip down closerand stick a lone hen decoy out so that they could see it no matter which ridge they came from.

Fast forward to this morning..I wentdown the ridge and put up the hen on the opposite hill, and sat up the ridge about 15 yards in a shady section of thick honeysuckle. Long story short, they gobbled all the way in, strutted around the decoy for awhile and finally gave me a ten yard shot. When I shot this bird, the other tomimmediately went crazy on my bird and started spurring it. I had to chase the other bird off before he damaged my bird. Hate to do that, but he was really tearing in to him.

Your score is 18 + 5 + 6.25 + 21.5 = 50.75

Oh well, I could care less what it scores. I think Im addicted to turkey hunting now.