HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Biggest Losers??
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 07:17 AM
OHbowhntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Biggest Losers??

Dan,
I've been putting some time on my stepper and lifting LIGHT weights in HIGH reps working on my cardio for my elk hunt this fall. I initially gained about 10#, and have since dropped those 10 plus a couple. I can put 25-30 minutes on my stepper, and get bored before I get worn out. Been putting in some couple mile hikes up down and around through my woods as well. For me it's far more about my conditioning than my weight, I ran 5-7miles a day when I was in the Army, and weighed 225#, not I'm not in near the shape I was in then, not musclar nor cardio, but I weigh about 15# on average more. My knees and hips and back have all VETO'd the idea of running again, so using the stepper, and hopefully soon as I find a little more daylight and time, biking will be part of my regimen as well. Good Luck in your venure, I'm still about 18# from where I'd like to be when I head west, but if I don't get there, but am well-conditioned, that will be good enough for me. Several years ago, I dropped from 249 to 197 in a 3 month period, and I looked like a skeleton. My wife actually told me to put some weight back on, and I more than obliged, maybe overdid it a bit, but I'm in decent enough shape to do what I need to do, be it play ball with the kids or chase after my teenage nephews when they needs roughing up.