HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Got my Big Woody wet!
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 06:40 PM
Mark S
Fork Horn

Default Got my Big Woody wet!

She floats! Actually floats very well. Sitting empty the flat of the hull on the front is just barely out of the water and the back is downbetween 4 and5inches. When 2 of us are standing on the front it sits pretty much level at 3 to 4 inches. We floated over everything and got hung upon the bottom only once. If we had stepped out our ankles wouldn't have gotten wet. We did hang up on a couple of branches also. At one point I couldn't even get half the body of the troller in the water before the prop was dragging bottom, and the boat was drifting free with both of us standing at the very front. It barely dips in the water when both of us stood on one side.

I quickly found out the outboard was mounted way too high. Cavitates like mad and I can't even think about giving it some trim. I also havea problem with the timing advance I haven't fixed so I'd guess I'm about6 degrees retarded from where I should be at full throttle. That's not helping power at all! When I did get the prop to hook I hit 51mph on the gps. It launches hard and fast.When I get the motor dropped I'm sure I can easly run 55 and I would guess over 60 is not outof the question when everything else is right.

I wish the boat was in the middle of the picture on this one. This is about where I glanced down at the gps and saw it bouncing between 49 and 50. This is how it should look when up and running!