HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ladder stands.....
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2003, 07:46 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default ladder stands.....

last year on our 2 mile drag out we seen a guy with a ladder stand on wheels...he built it in the parking lot and wheeled it in and out...it doubled as a hearse for your deer after you got one too....but i cant find one to buy....we never hunt from a stand but this year we both are hunting diffrent areas and the land makes it hard to ground hunt and a stand will let us see a bit farther too....so were thinking about a ladderstand like that guys...its a state game lands and we cant damage a tree so just about everything else is out...i dont want to take a chance and buy myself an oak tree because i scratched it or something.......so anyone know where i can find one? or a way to attach the wheels? we dont have a welder....a drill and basic tools...thats about it...anyone have any plans or a site you happen to know? im sure its simple but neither of us are really big into contructing things....i can do some wood construction....but never tried metal.....the guy had his wheels where the seat is so the platform held the deer and then just secure the deer down with rope and push it out....looked like it would work pretty good....anyone know where i can get one or a way to attch wheels or a site or anything?? thanx alot...