HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 76 yr old turkey hunter killed by game warden
Old 04-24-2009, 07:13 AM
mulvany
Fork Horn

Default RE: 76 yr old turkey hunter killed by game warden

If they really cared about making people safer, they'd enforce tailgating, running yellow lights, making turns from improper lanes, and other actions that actually have a high probability of causing an accident.
So speeding doesn't cause accidents? OK

I have to say that if the guy pointed the gun at the GW, then pull the trigger. I'm like many others that are shocked that many are saying it's ok to sit over baited areas!!!!! Stop breaking the law and GW's won't have to do the things they do!!!!! Saying the GW would have a problem on your land if he came on it is retarded!!! Wait for the facts. The guy was wrong, and the problem could have escalated, could it have been solved? Maybe.

How many of you have ever argued with Senior Citizen? They don't usually give in their opinions so if the GW was trying to tell him something there is a good chance the Old man didn't care.

GW are there to help us who follow the laws. I was at Walmart getting shells the other day and the man in front of me was too. The lady at the counter asked to see his FOID card, in IL we have this card to prove we can own guns and buy ammo - it's given by the state police. The man argued that it is too hard to take out of his wallet, valid point, but he didn't have time and was in a rush and he got very loud and ridiculous over her asking to see it. She ended up not making him take it out. Can you say the next terrorist????? I told the lady make sure every person takes out there card and it's legal, I don't care who they are. There's a reason that law is in place. Sure it sucks I have to get it out to buy ammo or a gun, but it makes me safer so I'll do it.

People need to recognize that laws are in place for a reason. The GW was doing his job and if you don't like it, then quit hunting and stop putting the ones who follow the law and enforce the law in danger![:@]

Off soap box now.....