HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 76 yr old turkey hunter killed by game warden
Old 04-24-2009, 05:58 AM
stealthycat II
Banned

Default RE: 76 yr old turkey hunter killed by game warden

RIStrutStopper

A Snickers wrapper is tossed into the floorboard, and an open window sucks it out onto the hwy. A State trooper sees it, pulls car over, driver is mad because its unintentional, maybe he's late for something important, maybe the officer is having a bad day, fought with wife night before, maybe a few heated words are exchanged, maybe some of the words aren't right and are misinterpreted, maybe the driver opens the car door when he's told not to, maybe he tells the cop something he shouldn't and the cop returns it, maybe it looks like the driver is reaching for something, maybe the officer doesn't see it right, maybe the driver is, the cop shoots the driver twice in the chest ........... the man has a wife, 3 kids, 6 grandkids, a wedding next weekend, a fishing trip with 2 high school buddies on Fri, the cop is expecting his 1st child, in-laws are visiting on Saturday, they're behind a bit in mortgage payments ........

All over a candy wrapper flying out a window ............ doesn't that seem areally really trivial way for a man to die and another man's life to be forever altered and both the families involved affected too ?

Its my mind that something didn't go right that day. I can't believe the old man was that intent on shooting a warden. Maybe I'm wrong. But I do know the warden was/is suppose to be highly trained in these situations - if you have a license to kill someone legally you frickin better be.