HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 76 yr old turkey hunter killed by game warden
Old 04-24-2009, 05:50 AM
Lanse couche couche
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 76 yr old turkey hunter killed by game warden

Dont think that any GW should back away when they are threatened and people pointing guns at law enforcement should not be tolerated, IF it has to come to that. However, I think that some folks are simply arguing that the whole situation could have been handled in a manner where guns were not even involved.Keep in mind that dealing with a game violation is not quite the same as dealing with an armed crack dealer. Putting myself in a GW's shoes, if I have an identified armed suspect in the old man's situation, I might at least consider following him home and arresting him later when he is sitting on the porch drinking coffee as opposed to a confrontational approach.Might have taken more time and effort and be contrary to how some feel agame violation should be handled. But all I know at this point is that we have a dead man and a GW whose career will be ruined unless his version of the story completely checks out.