HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wolf Update
Thread: Wolf Update
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Elkcrazy8
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wolf Update

It is very sad to see the direct effects of what is happening. I watched an outfitter ask the commisioners to start an immediate cutback of the elk tags in his zone. Normally tags are gradually cut back to be easier on the outfitter. This gives them a chance to make ajustments. The commisioner flat out asked the outfitter if he knew that his wallet would be getting cut. The outfitter came out and begged the commisioner to institute an immediate cut and that he did not care if it cut into his wallet. As he broke down into tears, he told the board at the hearing that his kids would never get to experience the type of life that he has always known. He asked to save what elk were left.

Idaho has a very solid plan in place. It is a plan that more than meets the prowolfers half way. I know that we are ready to take care of what we have. Who knows better about our ecosystem than those that frequent it every day.

Idaho fish and game has solid scientific proof that the wolves ARE having an impact on both the Lolo zone and the Sawtooth zone. With their efforts they have found just cause to exercise the 10j ruling. I believe that ANY step forward to manage Canus Lupus would be a good one.

Hopefully we won't lose any more bowhunting opportunity while waiting.