HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - go and get'em or try like hell to call'em back
Old 04-22-2009, 05:02 AM
Stonewall308
Typical Buck

Default RE: go and get'em or try like hell to call'em back

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

Let me ask you a question stonewall. Have you ever coonhunted with hounds before? If the answer is yes, then you will know how often "ocassion" really is. If not, then you really shouldn't be displaying your opinoins on a coonhunting related thread.

I ran hounds for coons for 10+ years. I can count on 1 hand in those ten years that I had to leave my gun at the fence and cross over and get my dogs. Those numbers are pretty good to me. How often did it happen to you stonewall?
How often "ocassion" really is would depend on the size of the piece of land, the adequacy of any fence, and the point on the landwhere you release the dogs.

I would agree with you that less than 5 times in 10 years is a good track record. Many others, especially people who hunt deer with dogs, are lucky if its less than 10 times in 1 year. If you are concerned about the sport of hunting with dogs and hunting in general, this should cause you as much irritation as it does others.