HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My first bow kill for 2009
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Elkcrazy8
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My first bow kill for 2009

Jim1966, he was 20 or so lbs

BowHuntingFool, the stage was pretty much set from the get go. I had 2, 80 year old brothers scouting for us as our hunting ground is some distance away and they live there. They had the birdsschedule pegged down to a tee.

I normally like to do it all myself, but it was a major goal for me to help my hunting buddy who was just told that he has 6-12 months to live. As we all know, you tend to share more of lifes secrets with your hunting partnersthan even your family. This is a tough one.

The first turkey that came in was only 10 feet from the blind window and would not give us the right opportunity.

The second trukey that came in found my partner unable to pull his bow back and he asked that I shoot. I felt horrible after shooting that bird but knew that we had more opportunities ahead.

After a good nap, my partner found the strength to pull his bow back and achored the third bird on the spot. After we realized that we had just doubled up, the floodgates opened. It will always be THE most memorable hunt that I have ever had.

Appreciate even the small things!