HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - SOMETHING WE CAN ALL AGREE ON?
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 08:02 AM
DougE
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SOMETHING WE CAN ALL AGREE ON?

ORIGINAL: Screamin Steel

For the sake of agreement and a fresh topic, spring gobbler season opens Saturday....much to the dismay of my family, my employer, and my sleep routine! They will all take second seat for a few weeks as I run myself ragged chasing longbeards. With so much negativity (and well deserved,I might add [:@]) over the deer managment, atleast the PGC has done a good job with something. Turkey numbers are some of the best I've ever seen, and judging by the amount of strutting toms and gobbling I've been observing, could be the best year yet for me. I get more excited this time of year than before deer season, been that way for some years now. I just love the challenge, and the interaction that comes with calling in a gobbler. I've definitely learned more patience, woodsmanship, and been humbled (Had my arse kicked!)more times while turkey hunting than anything else.
So that's my positive contribution for the day. good luck to everyone going out, and if your an old hand, take a youth or novice along with you. Pass on some knowledge and help keep our ranks going.SS
Good luck to everyone heading out and be safe.I'm taking my daughter and a couple of horses toa barrel racing clinic this weekend in Ohio.My season will start a week later.