HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My Russian Boar & Cinnamon Dall Ram
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 05:24 AM
SWThomas
Nontypical Buck

Default My Russian Boar & Cinnamon Dall Ram

I went hunting in Crossville, TN this weekend at an outfitter called Loshbough Range. The outfitter was outstanding! Very courteous people, very clean lodging, and great prices. The whole operations is very well maintained IMO. Plus, they have plenty ofquality animals.

I met three other guys there and we decided to go after the hogs on Saturday morning. I scored very quickly with my T/C Encore Endeavor. My hog was estimated at about 250 pounds but it wasn't weighed so that's an educated guess by the guides. Either way it's definitely a trophy in my book.

After everyone scored their hog, I decided to take a look at their exotics. They have buffalo and a variety of ram. We had to climb at large, steep hill in pursuit of the rams and we found two. There was a Corsican and a Cinnamon Dall. I've always like the dall species and really wanted one with horns at full curl. This one did and I decided to take him.

I had the hog custom processed and donated the ram meat. I'm having both animals mounted by Lifelike Taxidermy in Crossville. The gentleman who runs the place does outstanding work and I'm very excited to see the results!

A great time was had by all who attended and I was happy to have met and hunted with such great sportsmen at such a great outfitter. I will definitely plan another trip to Loshbough in the future.