HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hornady FHP Bullets
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 06:17 PM
txhunter58
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hornady FHP Bullets

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

If this subject has already been covered at length sometime in the past, please forgive. I haven't been on this site for over a year. Just got some of these all copper 350 grain bullets. How do they shoot? What kind of expansion can one expect? And do they fit the bore of most guns (T/C, Remington Genesis) tight enough to not want to creep forward in the field? Thanks. Roskoe
The Hornady FPB's are my current favorite conical. I am getting about 3 inch groups (100 yards ) with open sights. Killed a cow elk with one and 90 gr of BH 209 last fall. Broke 3 bones, expanded well and retained about 85% of its weight. They are one of the only conicals that will shoot well out of my Omega. It also shoots well from my Knight KRB with 777.

You will not have any problem with creep. The rear of the bulletis overbore size. The only real problem with them is starting them in a regular barrel (they are easy with a QLA). Anyway, I start them with a short starter and a sharp rap. You therefore size them for your particular barrel.