HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question?
Thread: Question?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Howler
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question?

This is where scouting pays off. IF you're in a known turkey area, weather it be a roosting area, feeding area, travel corridor, etc. and you have a good idea about what time the turkeys are normally in the area, then it's a matter of timing. Since we bow hunt, we either set up in an area that is used during feeding periods, and we may sit there from sun up to about noon,or we'llset up at about 3 or 4 in the afternoon near a known roosting area, and wait them out. BUT we use doublebull blinds and carry a lot of stuff to film with, so we're notrun and gun type hunters, so patience becomes our alley. IF I were using a shotgun, I'd be more apt to go to the turkeys more, until I locate them, and then try to call them to me. Although, again, if you know where they feed and roost, and travel, it's just a matter of time of being there before they get there, and waiting them out. It's much easier to call a turkey to a point that it wants to go to. Get there first, and calling them in is much easier.