HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hornady FHP Bullets
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 02:32 PM
falcon
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hornady FHP Bullets

Never heard ofan Hornady FHP bullet for a muzzleloader. DRT makes a handgun bullet that they call the FHP. i will assume that the bullet you are talking about is the Hornady 350 grain FPB. The 350 grain FPB is a hollow base bullet that is made of lead with a copper coating. It has a plastic nose insert. Have killed5 hogs with that bullet and my Encore. All were bang flops or near bang flops. It is a really good bullet that leaves an exit hole of 1" or larger. i set the bullet in the QLA and give it a hard quick lick on the short starter to get it startedinto the rifling. If the gun does not have something like a QLA, loading is a little harder: You have to hold the bullet straight while giving the short starter a good whack.

The FPB bullet goes down the bore of my Encore fairly easy. i always seat my bullets very hard on the Goex Pinnacle that i use. Never had any problem with them coming off the powder. Used to check that when i first started using that bullet. In my Encore the FPB bulletdriven by 120 grains of Pinnacle 2F makes groups of about 2.5" at 100 yards: Minute of pig for me.