HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bushnell Video Scope
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Sling
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bushnell Video Scope

I have actually field tested the product now with some disappointing results.

You are going to have to remove your scope to attach the video cam. I tried the rings on several guns and they are too wide to slip under the scopes from the side. This makes it difficult to transfer the scope to a different gun. It seems to me they could have simply made the bottom half of the rings thinner to avoid this problem.

I experienced some problemstaking videoabout 1 hour before sunset when I was in the shade and my target was in the sun (sun to my back). The picture was washed out pretty badly. This did not happen when I was testing it.

The most disappointing thing of all was that the scope failed to work when the temp was below 40 degrees. For my turkey hunt, the morning temps were around 30. The scope works when you first go in the woods, then stopsturning onafter it cools down to air temp. It would start working again mid morning when air temps approached 40 or if I would hold it in my hands or coat to heat it up. This is a huge problem for anyone that hunts in the north. There is a way to detach the camera without removing the rings, but it is not something you could do while an animal was approaching.