HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pics of another wolf kill, showing just how much they eat
Old 04-17-2009, 07:50 AM
wingchaser_labs
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pics of another wolf kill, showing just how much they eat

ORIGINAL: summit daWg

ORIGINAL: dc240nt

Canines usually eat the hind quarters first and will rarely if ever eat the gut. Cats on the other hand will go to the guts first. I've lived with wolves all of my 45 years and have yet to see a wolf kill that looked anything like your picture. I'm no expert and I'n certainly not defending wolved in the least. However, I believe you have a case of mistaken identity.

You mean like this??
I Pulled this picture from this topic (Big Game Hunting)on this forum and you can find it again DEEPER into the Big game hunting . This was a confirmed wolf kill very near sun valley ID. Where's the pic??

This is a predator and wolves do not kill them to eat them. They kill them to remove them from the area so they have less competition. I'm betting something else ate the guts and the wolves just killed it to remove the threat. They do the same thing with coyotes, other predators,and other single wolves that are in their pack's territory... As for the elk. I see no sign of struggle and no evidence to support that it was a wolf kill. Wolves can't drag an elk and I seen no where where the feet were digging and movingtrying to get away as the"wolves" held the deathgrip. Car kill vote from me too.WCl