HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scent Lok Lawsuit update
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 07:02 PM
blacktail slayer
Fork Horn

Default Scent Lok Lawsuit update

4/1/2009
I just heard that hunters in Indiana and Florida have filed Class Action Lawsuits against Scent Lok. The Florida suit names not only Scent Lok, Cabelas' Inc, Browning, Gander Mountain Bass Pros Shops - but also includes Cabelas's Wholesale Inc. and Robinson Outdoors (Scent Shield). Since the notice and subpoenas have not been served yet, Scent Lok may not even now this is coming - I guess I should notify them. I'll do it now. That makes a total of five states: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois and Florida.

3/27/2009

I just heard that, on www.Justia.com, one of the people who filed a law suit against Scent Lok, stated in their deposition, that they filed suit because they had been to this (my Scent Lok / Activated Carbon Science, www.TRMichels.com/ActivatedCarbonScience.html) web page, and realized that they'd been ripped of - by Scent Lok. To find lawsuits against Scent Lok - type in the letters ALS.
Anyone with a lick of sense, who actually reads what is on this page- and on page 2 - knows that activated carbon cannot work the way the manufacturers of hunting clothing say it can.
Scent Lok Corporate Head's Deposition - Sealed

At the same time I heard that ALS's corporate heads have also been deposed, but that their testimony has been sealed. What's with that … I thought we had a little legal precedent here in the USA called the "Freedom of Information Act". Why is it that the depositions of those suing Scent Lok are made public, but Scent Lok's lawyers have the depositions of the Scent Lok corporate heads sealed? Is that fair - to the hunting public?