HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Experience with Lone Wolf hang on Stand and Sticks
Old 01-26-2002, 10:31 AM
Two Beards
Typical Buck

Default RE: Experience with Lone Wolf hang on Stand and Sticks

Ill Buck-TWANG
Sorry not to get back to sooner...I'm at a friends in San Diego.

Give or take $10 I paid about $190 ea.(I believe they list for $194.95) for all 3 of my stands. Three years ago(before the Chief was available) my brother and I bought the Wedge-Loc model...I bought a second the next year...last summer while trying to put a good setup together for my dad I found out they had come out with the Chief...when his stand came I knew that was what I was looking for (everything the Wedge-Loc had except a lighter weight limit and it only weighed 9 1/2 lbs!). My dad is 69, and he can put it up and take it down himself...if it wasn't safe and easy to put up I never would have recommended it to him. You will need a climbing belt so you can use both hands, although everyone should use one with EVERY stand they put up.

TWANG,the separate rigging harness confused me also, but each of my stands came with a chain...that is what I would recommend you ask for. To hang the Chippewas,all you do is wrap the chain around the tree and hook it...then put the V brackets of the stand over the rubber coated part of the chain...quick,quiet and safe...I like that combination.I do however use a small ratchet around the bottom of ALL my treestands for extra stability and insurance...only takes a minute or two. The adjustable platform(3 levels) was the first I had seen and very simple. To be honest...I just wasn't near as comfortable hanging and standing on the Alpha Hang-On as the Chippewa. If you could look at the two side by side...I think you would agree with me. Like I mentioned before, call their 800 number and ask them the same questions you ask me. A couple own and run the company, I think he used to run a machine shop at one time. Three of my friends that I bowhunt with bought the sticks and Chief stand after seeing my setup...they all love them!

TB