HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 76 yr old turkey hunter killed by game warden
Old 04-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Todd1700
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 76 yr old turkey hunter killed by game warden

and take 1 jerk in Alabama who did something wrong and make it every CO or GW....
I wish it were just one.

The case I mentioned about the guy who got framed would have probably blown up into a story that may have been picked up by the national media if the poor guy that got framed (who I knew well)hadn't beenkilled in a car accident after he got out. The state shuffled the GW to another area for fear he would encounter one of the guys family members and violence would ensue.

The two game wardens that were in this area before the framer had so many complaints lodged against them for night hunting on peoples land that the state eventually shuffled them off to another area as well. (See a pattern here? Much like the catholic church used to do with molesting priests all the state of Alabama does with bad GWs is to transfer themonto otherunknowing people)

One of the last GWs that we had here got drunk at a party one night and ran his hand down the back of a married womans pants and groped her bare @$$. The womans husband promptly stomped the chit of the off duty GW. Two weeks later the GW found the guys truck and boat trailer parked at a public boat ramp, and while the guy was gone in the boat running his trotlines, he tossed a dead turkey into the back of the guys truck. When the guy returned from running his lines the GW wrote him up for hunting turkeys out of season. And the guy would have been screwed too if he hadn't had some friends in high places that got it thrown out. I'm not saying that kind of activity is kosher either but in this case another wrong actually did make things right.

Then there is one that I actually witnessed. About 20 years ago after a heavy downpour some friends and myself were pulled over beside the road talking to another car load of friends alongside a drainage ditch swollen with rain water run off. Normally it was bone dry. One of my friends was showing another guy in the other car a new rod and reel he had just purchased. The guy stepped to the ditch and cast it one time to check it out. The local GW was passing by; pulled over; and wrote the guy a ticket for fishing without a license. Because he said that the drainage ditch emptied into a small branch about a 1/4 mile down the road and was therefore considered a part of it. No, I'm not lying or exaggerating. That happened just as described and is representative of the average GW we have had in this area my whole life.

I won't bore you with further stories (But I could).Suffice it to say that based on my own life experiences with GWs I'm not inclined to take their word for chit especially where a shooting is involved. Their profession for some reason seems to have about 6 times as many bad apples in the barrel than any other branch of law enforcement. Perhaps it is the enormous amount of power they are alloted in comparrison toregular police and the fact that they typically work alone in places where the only witness to their actions is the accused. Absolute power corrupts absolutely you know.