HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 76 yr old turkey hunter killed by game warden
Old 04-14-2009, 04:45 AM
firelt72
Typical Buck

Default RE: 76 yr old turkey hunter killed by game warden

You know I think it is sad that we live someplace that the first thought is the Officer had to be doing something or we impute his/her judgment. If this guy was breaking the law at his place or someone elses...he was wrong. Can officers make fatal mistakes; yes they can, but to assume from the git go that that is where the fault lies....sad. They are out there by themselves making split second decisions keeping you and me safe. Our world is a much better place because these men/women are out there in the middle of the day or night willing to use force against people who would do us harm.
As a Lt on the fire department I have done somethings that I am sure would make people judge my actions....point- I broke a door into an apartment because there was smoke showing in the hallway- it was two small Totino's Pizza the guy placed it there and fell asleep- Was I wrong to have ordered the door broke in??? Someone (owner) questioned that and I asked the owner- The smoke detectors went off you didn't wake up, there were knocks on the door you didn't wake up, I kicked the door trying to break it in, you didn't wake up and Joe beat the door in with a sledgehammer and you didn't wake up till we grabbed you off the couch (right next to the door) and drug him down the hall. I asked him what could I have done differently? He said nothing....I am just embarrassed. The point being is this officer made a choice, I do want the fact before we assume he did something wrong and very well could have been forced to choose between his life and this guys.....Put me there and I'll choose my life every time. How many of you could walk to a dark woods by yourself knowing some poaching was going on and they were armed...A dark roads side traffic stop.....Cut the cop some slack until the full story goes out. Off my box thanks.