HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 3: Sunrise Demise
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 06:23 PM
BuckRogers
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 3 Thread

Finally I get to go outside and hunt. It is SOOOOOO nice to be able to go out and sit and watch the animals.
I went out tonight and took a friend who had never been turkey hunting. To say we had a good hunt would be a HUGE understatement. With the exception of harvesting a bird it was the best hunt I have ever had. I saw things that I have never seen in the turkey woods before. We had a hen come in in full strut (she almost got an arrow as I thought she was a male). We had about 10 turkeys come in later with one in strut. Several were gobbling. Two were fighting with there necks wrapped around one another. After all the others left they were still going at it in the field so I tried to walk up to them. I got within 35 yards! They were in the middle of a cornfield and I walked right up to them. They separated and when I went to draw back my release came unclipped . But it was still incredible being able to walk up to them like that. Lucky for them I wasnt hunting with my shotgun or I would be having me some turkey tomorow.
Well I will be going out Wednesday night again and I hope that a quarter of the stuff that went on tonight happens then. By the way, my friend is now hooked