HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How Lehigh Bullets performaned in Tioga Pa.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:49 AM
gleason.chapman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How Lehigh Bullets performaned in Tioga Pa.

ORIGINAL: Grouse45

ORIGINAL: gleason.chapman

Huge holes, I am amazed that 4 small pieces of shrapnell (sp?) can blow a hole that big. Guess it is like a shotgun. Chap
I look at it the same way you did. The bullet is like nothing you have ever seen. The shock and trauma is just unexplainable. It compares to nothing i ever used. I mean nothing.
Yes, this exit hole is pretty convincing:

As is this:

I have seen that type of EXIT Hole perfomance with 300g Barnes Expanders, but not the surrounding tissue damage which is evident---usually the chest cavity is jello, there is a little entrace hole and a HUGE exist hole, but no meat around the exit hole all beat to shreads like with the Lehigh--Bryce Towsley says this about the Expanders which I agree with:

Bottom line, they performed well, better than what you expected. I don't think we need "excellent bullets" for for broadside "bow shots" at deer or other big game, but when we shoot the length of an animal (intentional or unintentional) in rear of the guts, shooting for the off shoulder so as to traverse the vitals, that that is extreme confidence that your bullet is going to get to the vitals---penetrate well, and not overexpand and stop in the guts.Well constructed bullets will get you into the vital---great demo of a shot. The accuracy is there in the Disc Elite, the performance is there definitely.I think you havea winner. Another thing that suprised mewas it was a 200g, usually they don't penetrate as deep. Chap