HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CaMirrorâ„¢
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 06:36 AM
walks with a gimp

Default RE: CaMirrorâ„¢

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

You know this is first time I seen someone bring up that we are setting our cams wrong at full draw. Is anyone else here amazed no-one pointed this out until now?
I agree and I never really thought about it until I got my Admiral with the rotating mods with no stops. I thought, what the heck do you go by when tuning these cams. I did a LOT of adjusting and tinkering with the crank board, landmarking the cams against the limbs and scribing precise marks on the cams to landmark against the limbs also. I actually spent hours playing with the bow and though it seemed close, nothing seemed right when I'd look at the cables and how they were going to the cams while in the crank board at full draw.
I then thought, nothing is really common to each cam but the string because of the cable crossing position relating to where the cables should be allowed to cross in the center of the bow. The limbs are pretty close at full draw but unless they perfectly match in deflection they could make a twist or two difference also. I then thought that if the cams were sync'd at full draw with non-matching cable angles, they wouldn't be in mirror image orientation at brace,, why don't I want the cams to stop in the exact rotation,, I thought?

I DO!! That is where the arrow needs to be traveling in it's straightest path before it leaves the string. I made up a few prototypes and played with the crank board to comfirm my suspecion of that, when sync'd at brace they will be sync'd at full draw also. This being different than the top cam retarded at brace and advanced at full draw (or the top cam being "pre-drawn" through the draw and shot cycle..
Not much difference but it's easy to just set it with much less fussing with drawing the bow and working for a long time with someone helping or using a crank board,, and end up not setting the bow up like it was engineered to work
It works for all Binarys with mirror image profile cams and also as confirmed by MeanV that it works on his Ross Cardiac that is a Hybrid cam system. I think it would work on any Hybrid or Binary with mirror image matching string track profiles. The Hoyts I'm not sure of but I'll check into that soon I hope. There are a few bows like the Guardian and Commander that will be very close if the cables are switched to cross below the cable rod. Sync these at full draw and I believe it will beabout as good as the CaMirror,, but you still have to do all that drawing and looking