HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is my arrow really heavy?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 04:13 PM
idahoelkinstructor
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is my arrow really heavy?

Wouldn't matter to me whether it's a trophy or not. If I want to kill it and the shot is one I'm confident in I'll take it. Cow, Bull, Raghorn, whatever.

I passed a 170 class Whitetail year before last at 8 yards because the shot was not right. It's not all about distanceSure everyone has an effective range that's different, but they should know what that range is. Mine is around 50 yards now. Eyes are not what they used to be.

You told me I should learn to stalk or call better. Maybe I should tell you to learn to shoot better[8D]

There are more Deer wounded and not found every year shot at 25 yards or less than there are shot at 50 yards or more.

Having the right shot is about a lot of things. Only one of which is being in that individual archers effective rangebut then distance is easy to preach on, and say if you shoot farther than me then you are not ethical

Dan
[/quote]

Dan first of all please don't think that I am saying your a bad person or anything like that, like I said I have had this dissussion with many of people and close friends who believe it or not are still friends lol. And your right about one thing too I too need to practice shooting, I admit I am a good shot but with that said our shop shooters kick my butt! But then again they also rank high in Vegas and also in Redding cal, but just one day I would love to kick there butts on the 3-d range, so yes i too need to practice. Ok now I got a question for you. Being compleatly honest how do you have total confidence in a 84 yard shot. Sure at a 3d target I myself have confidence too, but only becasue the target can't move. My whole point is even if everything is pefect, at 84 yards that a animal has time to move and the shot therfore will be off its intended mark. I don't care who is holding the bow, the best of the best in the world can still end up wounding a animal becaue its simply out of thier control. And that is why I say its a stupid shot an a decision. And I will climb down off my soap box and will not speak about this again, so we can go back to arguing about either a light or heavy arrow.

I should also add that I was wrong about about you, if you will truly shoot that distance at any animal and not just big or trohpy size animalsthe you are not that type of hunter after all. As already mentioned I of course don't agree with you about that point, so I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.