HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is my arrow really heavy?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 03:53 PM
MeanV2
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is my arrow really heavy?

ORIGINAL: idahoelkinstructor

Also I hate to bring this up, but you are the type of hunter that I warn my studends aboutduring archey ed class. Meaning that you were quick to bring up that it was a 300 plus 6 point bull. Like that justifies the distance that the shot was taken at. I tell my studends that is sad that some archeys throw thier ethics out the window when a big trophy or mature animal is on the line.
Wouldn't matter to me whether it's a trophy or not. If I want to kill it and the shot is one I'm confident in I'll take it. Cow, Bull, Raghorn, whatever.

I passed a 170 class Whitetail year before last at 8 yards because the shot was not right. It's not all about distanceSure everyone has an effective range that's different, but they should know what that range is. Mine is around 50 yards now. Eyes are not what they used to be.

You told me I should learn to stalk or call better. Maybe I should tell you to learn to shoot better[8D]

There are more Deer wounded and not found every year shot at 25 yards or less than there are shot at 50 yards or more.

Having the right shot is about a lot of things. Only one of which is being in that individual archers effective rangebut then distance is easy to preach on, and say if you shoot farther than me then you are not ethical

Dan