HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Range finders ??
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 05:53 AM
Canned Heat
Fork Horn

Default RE: Range finders ??

I would say if money's not an issue, go with some of the higher end models. I hunt more than anyone I know for quite a few different things and use mine as a gauge for things out to probably no farther than 300, in most instances. I'll use it to set-up my turkey zone, gauging my dekes and/or any landforms or trees so I know what I'm at no matter where the birds come in from. I'll use it for gun deer season in the stand as well as bow also for gauging the length of shooting lanes and how far away a certain tree or other landform is away from me. I'll target spot for yote hunting from where my set-up is and that's usually no further than 300 yds. It's a versatile tool for alot of different scenarios, but for what I use it for, dropping a boatload of money just didn't make sense. I should add that when I got mine (Bushnell Yardage Pro Legend camo) quite a few years ago already, there weren't as many options or makes as there are now. Sure, I'd like one with a bit more magnification and maybe the ARC for getting true angle distance, but for what I use it for....it's perfect.