HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How hard is it to put up hang on stands solo?
Old 03-27-2009, 06:29 PM
youngfart
Typical Buck

Default RE: How hard is it to put up hang on stands solo?

Iuse my linemen climbing belt and spurs.Get to the hight you want to be at, pull up your stand you have attached to your lineman belt. Tieoff on a branch and you have both hands free to adjust. I then screw in my steps going down and use the elbow to wrist distance for distance between steps. By doing it this way you will have the steps the right way to step down into your stand when your done. The old way I always screwed up by not having the step down step in the right spot,it alsoenables you to fine tweak your stand.I get them up in July so you can actually get a feel for the stand andwhat will be needed to cut your shooting lanes in. My belt canhas hooks on it to hook up my sach that will hold 14 steps to get to my 18 feet desired hight. There is also a few pouches that will hold my snips for branches andhooks for bow holders. I have 31 stands up and I check them twice a year for wear and also the wind will blow trees down the odd time andI'll have to get in there and chain saw some fallentrees out. I usally do my checking when I check my game cameras. Hope this helps, good luck and remember,don't even attempt to hang a stand with out a safety harness on. Your lifeisn't worth sitting in a wheel chair for the rest of it due to being lazy.
God Bless
Youngfart[8D]