HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Some pictures of my projects...
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 12:14 PM
bowmanaj
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Some pictures of my projects...

ORIGINAL: haystack

Bowman, You have some nice looking property, definitely good habitat. I can not take the credit for the honeysuckle though, Bugflipper actually suggested that.

Looks like you have plenty of moisture, that corn patch is wet! What kind of sweet corn do you grow? I grow sweet corn also, and I might be able to give you some tips, if needed. Some you can grow with field corn and some varieties of sweet corn will get ruined if it cross pollinates with field corn.

Good luck, and if I can help in any way, I will be glad to. And I agree, not many things on earth is more satisfying and rewarding as growing and watching things grow.
Thats right, I couldn't remember, thought it was you. Thanks Bugflipper! The sweet corn I am looking at is called "double delicious", and another one I'm looking at is a hybrid called Honey and Pearl (sh2). If you have any other suggestions/advice I am definitely open to them, thanks.I have not made up my mind 100% if Im going to do field corn again. If so, I will research or ask you about potential cross pollination problems.

Thanks guys. It is hard to do what, the way I want, because I lack a lot of the equipment that makes it easier.. Plus I am in my last quarter of college and still kinda broke lol.That, and the fact that this is a pretty small property (less than 20 acres) is why the plots are small. I'm still in the learning process obviously, and there are a lot of things I still want/need to learn about. There is just something about growing things that I've come to love. I will be asking many more questions in the future.