HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Initial Impressions of Victory arrows
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 10:00 AM
JeffB
Nontypical Buck

Default Initial Impressions of Victory arrows

My half dozen V1 Vforces arrived a bit ago- wehavearrows.com was great! Super fast shipping and Mike Lundeen quickly answered all my questions. Great service.

Initial impressions of the arrows-

1- Finish is "meh"- smooth, but unpolished and streaky/wavy- reminds me of the original goldtips. Outer finish on current Goldtip, Easton/Beman, CX, etc is much better.

2) DIRTY- insides are full of carbon residue-worst I've ever seen. Jeez, how about cleaning these things out a bit better? It will def makes the weights wacky, especially if they are being matched with this crap in it- some have lots some have a little.

3) Component fit- again, meh

Don't know if this was done by Wehavearrows or Victory themselves, but nock fit is sloppy and there was plastic "film" used on the nock as it was pushed in to make the nock fit tighter. I used to do this with scotch tape back when nearly all of the carbons had crappy inside diameter tolerances. After taking the film out, all of the nock were loose- I tried brand new extra nocks I had ordered and fit was still hit or miss. Some rotated too easily, some were stiff as could be.

Inserts have the same issue as well- I took one single insert and tried it in all shafts at both ends- tighter on some, loosey goosey on others, often loose on one side and tighter on the other of the same arrow. Tried all inserts on all shafts, and same issue.

Bottom line-ID tolerances seem iffy- this usually does not bode well for spine consistency.

4) Straightness is (as it should be for highest straightness grade) very good- only one arrow has a very slight wobble/runout on the nock end and is easily cut out.

So far, I'm totally unimpressed- they remind me of early production (late 90s) Goldtips (i.e. crap).

Next week I will be spine testing them and shooting them to see if thats truly the case.