HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Jan 27 ice storm
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 09:08 PM
lnen#1

Default Jan 27 ice storm

Had a recent horrific ice storm recently. Me and gri22ly went shed hunting to find out ourwoods we hunt are in total dissaray, treetops scatter our landscape and is obvious that things are going to be tough due to all the clutter on the forest floor. I've read in the past that blow overs are the hardest to hunt. Were trying a new tactic this upcoming season. Our primary trails are going to be totally different. Just wonder with our new problem , how should we approach this upcoming season. We know the big boys are still there. Navigating in and out of this mess has us concerned. What I'm wondering if any one has dealt with this prediciment, what you guys would do to comprimise our situation. Our big ones are still there, we hope. Just wondering how you guys would approach this dramatically changed landscape. We know they will be keeing on the obvious, food shelter and protection will utimatly be the deciding factors. It is freaking mess here in west KY, just looking for some other avenues we could adress to our problem. Any possible soulutions you may have will help tremendously. Thanks guys!!