HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Moose Bear Combo Gun??
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 03:35 PM
ElkNutz
Typical Buck

Default RE: Moose Bear Combo Gun??

I recently started shooting a 375 H&H. I have always been intrieged by the round watching them use it and live by this round, on the dark continent. I figured if its good'nuff for there then there is nothing here going to stand against it! Welp, My "Pre-Obama" purchase was a CZ 550 Safari in 375H&H. Itraded for itjust before election time. Due to the weather, I hadn't had a chance to get it out until this last weekend.
I put a temperary 2x7 scope on it, bore sighted it, and went to the range. I sighted it in off a lead sled and within two rounds it was an inch high/100, right where I wanted it. I was a bit leary of always hearing the 375 was a thumper on the recoil end. As I am "a girl" when it comes to heavy recoil. I was plensently surprised! I put 14 rounds thru it and didn't even feel it the next day. I would compare it to a 30-06 using 220 grain load. Very managable but it lets you know it's there. Iwas shooting it off sticks standing up and sitting.Either wayboth are very easy too take.
A couple other gentlemen were near by and asked what I was shooting. I let them both put a few down the tube of it also. They both praised how comfortable and gentle this gun was to shoot.

This is my first CZ rifle of any caliber. I am an instant fan! It is an out of the box 1.5" gun(which for a big bame gun reasonable). With handloads I can do much better! The feel of the rifle is perfect. The stock configuration I would have to think contributes to the tame recoil. As the line of the stock is directly behind the bore with no drop. The two stage/set trigger is an instant hit for me. It breaks at probably 2.5-3 lbs with NO! ZERO creep. You better be on target when you put your finger on it. It WILL go off!

The 375 H&Hgets my vote.