HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Savage package rifle scopes?
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 09:33 AM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Savage package rifle scopes?

Now as for that rifle I like the Savages a lot and someday may own one. A buddy has one in .243 and he likes the scope okay. It was good enough for them to head shot a squirrel from quite a ways away this year.

However, while I think it might be fine to last you a year or so I'd probably want to upgrade it. I like Simmons scopes to be honest and have never had bad luck with them. Most of my friends use them with a few using Tasco's and one or two using Nikons and I can only think of one of them that's had one have to be sent back. One other one may have but he has a ton of guns. I'm not sure if he has or not but it seems like he might have. I don't know of any of them having a Simmons break and it's rare for them to have Tasco break. Like I said though 2 out of 3 have had the Leupolds not be right and have to be sent back.

I wouldn't hesitate to put a decent Simmons scope on there I just don't know that the one that comes on there is decent. It should be a great rifle though and the scope may even get you buy if you can't afford a nice scope right now.