HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Advice for a Newbie
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 08:27 PM
driftrider
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Advice for a Newbie

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

I'm in search of 6.5 x 57mm mauser brass to reload for my ole lovely custom mauser. Thanks for any advice.
Wyndell
Welcome to the board...

Now, my advice for you is to start your own thread to ask your question, rather than hijack someone elses. It's considered off topic and somewhat rude to ask a completely unrelated question in someone else's thread. Go back to the reloading forum and click "New Post" and then ask your question.

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on your little forum faux pas and give you a quick answer. To get 6.5x57 Mauser brass just go get some Boxer primed 7x57mm brass and run it through your 6.5x57 FL sizing die. In goes 7x57, out pops 6.5x57. Make sure you lube the cases properly. I prefer Imperial (Redding) Sizing Die Wax, it works great and a little goes a long way. Use a smooth stroke of the ram for best results. Trim to length if necessary and check the neck diameter of the first loaded case to make sure it's under the max spec.

Again, welcome to the board. Lots of good people here who will do whatever we can to help you out.

Mike