HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - AK question
Thread: AK question
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 01:00 PM
driftrider
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: AK question

So you'd rather spend your $1500 on a glorified peasant rifle that might, if you get a good one or are willing to put some more work and money into, put 50% of its rounds into a milk jug at 100 yards. One which you may or may not be able to find legal parts, and for which affordable eastern European ammo may not be available for in a year if Obama does like Clinton and signs one single EXECUTIVE ORDER banning the importation of ammo... OR...

You could buy yourself an AR-15 that will in almost every case will:

-Likely shoot well under 1 MOA right out of the box.

-Be exceptionally reliable and top quality.

-Be fully modular and allow for a huge variety of customized options down the road, including the ability to buy multiple complete upper receivers in whatever configurations you desire in a wide variety of cartridges.

-Allow the easy mounting of all varieties of optics and accessories.

-Have plenty of .223 Rem ammo available from domestic sources for the forseeable future. If the libs start banning ammo, by the time there's no .223 Rem left, there won't be anything else either.

Doesn't seem like a really hard choice to me... but it is your money. If you want to blow it on a beater rifle of marginal quality that's only real purpose will be as a glorified noise maker, go for it. I'll keep my AR and shoot tiny little bug-hole groups all day long, and be able to kick golf balls around with it at the 200 yards.

Mike