HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lanes powder tubes with BH209, and tubes from Western Powder
Old 03-22-2009, 09:23 AM
driftrider
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lanes powder tubes with BH209, and tubes from Western Powder

I don't know how big these tubes are, but I ordered 100 vials similar to these from Randy Wakeman a few years ago along with some of his higher-grade vent liners. They have white caps, and hold 45 grains of AA-5744 with room to spare, and they'll each hold 2 250gr bullets with sabots, or one 300gr bullet with sabot for sure (depending on the bullet, sometimes two). I don't remember how much they cost, but they were cheap, they are totally air and water tight, and they'll last forever if you keep track of them. They are great for both hunting and going to the range. I weigh my powder charges at home with my RCBS scale, dump them into the vials and go to the range. When I hunt I have at least three in my pocket for reloads. They are great for load workups too, since the Lee dippers don't offer enough precision to do a proper workup. I can weigh the charges and write the weights on the vial with a fine magic marker or label maker. They are also the perfect size for dumping the powder into the muzzle without a funnel.

These larger ones should work great for the bulkier powders.

Mike