HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Loading Close to the Lands
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 06:33 AM
devil dog
Fork Horn

Default RE: Loading Close to the Lands

Ridge Runner, I'm not trying to start a argument call you a dummy or nothing, from most of your post I reed your a pretty level headed person thats got some commen sense, just a little confused I think in this case.A simple question was asked, you mentioned the Wylde chamber and I thought I should mention what the reasonings were behind it. Now, with that being said, it is hard to explain and even harder to type, so I'm not going to try, the only thing that I can suggest is to sit down with some measuring devices and figure what the leade will be.
This is a machine drawing of the dimensions of the reamers, not the finished chamber!,you need to look at more than just the length of the freebore N, you also need to look at thethroat angle R, and the freebore diameter Gto determine the acual size of the leade. If we figured your way, it would be the compleate opposite, you could shoot 5.56 Nato in a .223 chamber, but you could not shoot .223 in a 5.56 Nato chamber without pressures building.