HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Big Grass carp
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Jasonlester
Nontypical Buck

Default Big Grass carp

I have a buddy that has a good size pond. He has a bunch of huge grass carp he needs out of there so of course I was more than willing to help. Well one has been acting like it was dying for a while. It stayed at the top not moving much. So I headed over with my 45 lbs Bear grizzly. I had 2 fish arrows which turned out to be a good thing as one head broke.
Anyway my first two shots deflected off the fish. It was clear he had alot if life left in him at the time. But still was dying. When I shot he dove down and withing a little bit floated back up near the surface. When he finaly got near the other shore I got a good shot on him and he took off but my head on that arrow broke and the arrow pulled out. Thankfully he didn't go far as my shot was in his vitals. My next shot he was deeper but I could see him well I had put on a new arrow with a muzzy head (much better head) and put a nice shot on him. Didn't take long after that to get him in but he's heavy. I'd guess every bit of 50 lbs but we didn't have a scale.
Hear are some pics and video from my phone. What do you think.

My 6 year old son with the fish.