HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which Decoy to get
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 08:27 AM
mouthcaller
Typical Buck

Default RE: Which Decoy to get

I bought B-mobile last year and really like it. I used the silk fan and I think we took two birds with it. Iput out4 hens with one of them (She mobile) on the groun.d in a submissive position in front of B-mobile.

One thing that I try to do is make sure all my hens look the same. I have repainted them somewhat to accomplish this. Even though my hens are from different manufacturers they are all the fold up plastic type. I threw the foam ones I owned away because, compared to the plastic ones, the didn't look good to me. They had a significantly different appearance, the paint scheme was too plain, they had that foam ridge around their back and head, and I just didn't like the way they looked and how they spun around in the wind.

Over time the paint will start to peel and chip off the heads, primarily a result of banging around during transport,so I retouchthem up with paintprior to the season. I have started transporting them with old socks covering the heads to help prevent this. Even B-mobile lost some of the white paint on the head from one year of use so he gets a to wear a sock this year when in the bag.

Mouthcaller